- All classes are cancelled for the 4th of July. All classes resume on Thursday, July 5th. Have a great and safe holiday.
- The WNY Karate Center Summer Picnic is Saturday, July 28th at Beaver Island State Park, Shelter 1B from 12-5 PM. Please fill out the flyer at the dojo and turn it into the office by Saturday, July 21st.
Sensei Scott and Steven Cvetkovski will be holding a free Reiki healing and meditation event. Please see Reiki Healing + Meditation Flyer for further information.
We are happy to announce Shihan Bill’s new book titled, Isshin-Ryu Karate-Do: An Instructor’s Manual. As Shihan Bill states: “I wrote this book for students who have earned a Brown Belt to help them in their preparation to become an instructor at our dojo. Per the description I wrote for Amazon, “this book is to serve as a resource to help Isshin-Ryu students to better personalize their understanding of this martial arts system and to be able to better able to train others. Not only basics, kata, and sparring are covered, but also the history, philosophy, and culture underlying Isshin-Ryu are addressed.” If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book, you can purchase a copy at WNY Karate Center or via Amazon.com.
Also, this fall, Sensei Scott Cvetkovski and Shihan Bill Reynolds will be having a workshop at WNY Karate Center where students will be aided in learning how to best use the book as part of their training and the training of others. Keep an eye out for date and time.
ADULT BLACK BELT PRE-TESTS
- Phase I – Wed. April 11th @ 8:00 pm
- Phase II – Wed. April 25th @ 8:00 pm
- Phase III – Wed. May 9th @ 8:00 pm
FINAL EXAM – May 12th @ 12:00 noon
1st DEGREE BLACK BELT CANDIDATES INCLUDE:
- Sempai Laura Biddle
- Sempai Tina Hartlaub
- Sempai Tonia Molnar
Calling all former and current WNY Karate Center students! We are celebrating our 25th Anniversary serving the WNY community! Please join us for a night of food, fun and memories! Click below to RSVP and see the details:
Sensei Scott Cvetkovski will be at WNY Karate Center from Dec. 18th-27th administering Reiki Healing sessions. To book a 30 or 60 minute session, please see the front office for times and cost.
The final Black Belt Pre-Test, before Saturday’s Black Belt test, is tomorrow. All are welcome to come watch and support those testing.
ADULT BLACK BELT PRE-TEST PHASE II
This Wednesday, October 18th, at 8:00 pm is the second Black Belt Pre-Test. Everyone is invited!
Come and support all the candidates as they journey towards their Black Belt.
CHILDREN’S BOOK SIGNING
By our very own Jessica Wagner
Sunday Nov. 12th @ 1:00 pm and Saturday Nov. 18th 9:00 am-noon.
(Save the dates)
(More info later)
ARNIS-KALI-ESCRIMA FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS SEMINAR
with Grand Master (Datu) Tim Hartman
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Children 6:00-7:00 pm
- Pre-registration: $10 by Tues. Nov. 14
- Registration at the door: $15
- Adults 7:00-9:30 pm
- Pre-registration: $40 by Tues. Nov. 14
- Registration at the door: $50
- Note: FREE Prep class on Wed. Nov 8 @ 7:00 pm with Hanshi Jim
- NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY FOR THE SEMINAR!
- Arnis sticks available for purchase at WNY Karate Center
- For more info or to register call 716-631-5065, stop by the office, or see Hanshi Jim.
- Check out pictures from a previous seminar here.